Cover price: $10.95
Homespun magazine is a place of inspiration; it combines creative techniques with a vast array of styles and themes taken from a team of leading craftspeople throughout Australia and the world. Homespun is a publication that is at the forefront of the industry, made by people who are passionate about craft. Each issue of the magazine features step-by-step easy-to-follow project ideas and accompanying patterns sheets, a variety of crafts including quilts to bags to dolls, inspirational photographs of fantastic finished products plus interesting reads to engage and entertain.
Issue #19.2- February 2018- FIRST BLOCK OF THE MONTH ISSUE
HOMESPUN MAGAZINE’S BLOCK OF THE MONTH PROGRAM is a highlight of its publishing schedule. Each year, Homespun invites the cream of Australian and international designers to create a spectacular quilt for the magazine. The idea is that readers can make that quilt block by block, issue by issue, over a period of 10 months. This exciting program always creates a buzz in the industry, thanks to the quality of the contributing designers and their calibre of work plus the creative designs that the magazine is known for.
Here’s how it works:
· What is a Block of the Month (BOM)? – This is a method of quilt-making that leads the stitcher through the process of making a quilt one block at a time, to make the procedure more methodical and less overwhelming. Homespun has a reputation of presenting projects in a clear and accurate style, so that all levels of stitcher, from novice to expert can participate. Nowhere is this more true than with its Block of the Month programs.
· Quilt style – Each year, Homespun selects its contributing BOM designer for her (or his) impeccable reputation, quality of workmanship and creative vision. Our Block of the Month invitees are top in their field and inventive in their approach. Homespun also selects its contributing designers to balance the design style, year on year … pretty and feminine one year; bold and bright the next; an adult bed quilt followed by a children’s creation.
· Designers – Homespun makes an effort with its BOM commissioning to deliver something really different for an annual surprise. In 2017, for example, our children’s theme was an octagonal quilt, with each ‘block’ a wedge shape. The design was not only a novelty quilt, but a play mat and toy-storage bag, with loads of interactive elements, including softies and 3D objects.
· Number of months – Generally, Homespun runs its Block of the Month program in 10 monthly instalments – from February issue to November issue, inclusive.
· Fabrics – Each year, Homespun invites a different fabric company to participate in the BOM program. Again, the style of fabric varies year to year.
· Fabric kits availability – Numerous craft outlets also get on board each year, selling fabric kits for each month’s instalment or the full year’s program, so readers/stitchers have ease of access to the fabrics required.
· No, it’s not a mystery quilt! – Homespun displays the full, finished quilt in the first instalment (February issue) each year, so readers know exactly what they will be making. Other BOM programs leave the full, finished design as a mystery until all the blocks are complete. But who wants to put in all that work, if the finished design is not to their taste?
New subscriptions will start with next published issue.
Terms and Conditions
Free gifts arrive separately to the magazine subscription and are sent as soon as possible. Free gift offers do not apply to subscribers currently on the Easy Payment Plan. Offer is only available while free gift stock lasts or until offer expires. Offer open to Australian residents only. New subscriptions will start with next published issue. *Easy Payment Plan option will be charged to the nominated credit card, at the advertised frequency until the credit card owner requests that the payments cease. The advertised minimum number of payments must be made to be eligible for this special offer.