Australian Country Homes Magazine Issue 17
Inside this issue:
- Wooden Wonderland, For an architect whose design philosophy is to reuse the available resources as much as possible, his own home renovation on a 40 year-old beach bungalow became an inventive exercise in repurposing materials.
- Born Again Beach House, Generations of family memories and a fondness for all things vintage and quirky make this beach shack a priceless family treasure.
- No Place Like Home, Sometimes you have to travel vast distances before you find what you’re searching for right under your nose.
- Exquisite Exteriors When it comes to a home’s exterior, people do tend to judge a book by its cover.
- Rest and Recreation Sandy and Garry McPake are confident they have the best seats in the house. They should know as they made them themselves
- A Bush Haven The Neilsen family enjoys a spectacular rural setting just 15 minutes’ drive from Brisbane’s CBD.
- Vision Splendid Koonowla’s history dates back almost to the first settlement of South Australia’s Clare Valley.
- Coast Watch Moving far from family, friends and familiarity is never easy. It is many years since former Canberra couple Vivien and Lachlan Badham made such a decision, but it’s one they made without regrets.
- Family Feast Food expert Ashley Alexander shares some of her tips for creating a kitchen where the whole family can feast
About Australian Country Homes
Australian Country Homes shows the warmth of the country aesthetic. We open the doors to some of Australia’s most interesting homes and see the enviable everyday lives of those who have made the move to a calmer, more welcoming and personally enriched way of living.
In every edition of Australian Country Homes you will see inspiring ideas from real Aussies on real budgets just getting out there and creating wonderfully warm environments. You will also experience rare glimpses into the families and businesses behind some of Australia’s most desirable lifestyles. Tour the styles, the plans, and the self-made touches that create a welcoming country home.